Thursday, April 9, 2009

Princeton

Ever since I first visited the Princeton Sim I've been telling people about it. I've never been to the real Princeton (totally not Ivy League material) so maybe someone who has can tell me if it's a good representation. In any case, it's a beautiful build with tons of information. The library alone (above) is packed with all kinds of interesting stuff that changes frequently. You can play a super-sized game of chess, browse wildlife illustrations, view various videos, listen to audio clips, you could really spend a whole day exploring everything.


The first non-numerical store in my inventory is A Piece of Candy. Sticklers for grammar will say that that belongs down with the "Ps," and you're right, but I'm blindly following the conventions of my inventory, grammar be damned.


I always forget how much I love this store between visits. Then I go there and remember what quality clothing Candy Enoch provides at seriously low prices. In fact, while visiting the store to prep for this post I got sucked into buying the Aimee dress, which in no way belongs on a college campus (unless they have a Masquers' Ball like my alma mater used to) and which will be the subject of my next post.



This is an outfit I paid money for as well, the Wray outfit. I actually really like the schoolgirl aspect of it. I love the brown turtleneck, the sweet houndstooth skirt, and the stockings, which come in two colors. The belt is on the glitch pants so no crazy fitting issues there. I've paired it with my most favorite boots - Slink's Angelina stilettos. I refuse to be a stick woman in SL and the Slink boots fit my apparently freakishly large calves with no adjustments at all.

The lovely earrings are the Agroglyphe earring in gold from Bliesen + Mai Tai. They are scripted so you can change the size and texture of the pendants. You also get an unscripted pair for those laggy sims. My skin, I have to admit, is something you can't get any more. I was lucky to just start figuring out skin at the time that Eloh Elliot gave away her skins and designers in SL came together to use them for a fundraiser. Every skin sold for $50L. This is from the line that Arikinui Adria of Nuclear Boutique fame did, and you'll be seeing a lot of them. They're my hands down favorite skin in SL.

The hair is a freebie - Icing's Miko Omegamu's Valedictorian hair. You can pick it up on the freebie shelf at Icing. It normally has two crossed pencils holding the mini-bun in the back but I edited them out.


The student union at the Princeton Sim is very cool and modern and currently houses a display of wildlife illustrations. The patio has these great chairs with poses built in - I'm not very savvy on this stuff so I love anything that will pose my avatar for me. In this picture I've added A Piece of Candy's Vintage Cardigan in yellow. You can't actually get the yellow in the store (it was a group gift, I think), but it is available in a lot of other great colors.

Here are the slurls:




Bliesen + Mai Tai: http://slurl.com/secondlife/harshap/168/127/59

No comments:

Post a Comment