Sunday, April 5, 2009

Capitol Hill

So at the very top of my inventory is Jacqueline Boehm's shop 1-800 Betties. I have two outfits from this shop - the Miz Secretary, which is shown, and the Jazz Suit which is a pantsuit version and does not seem to be available at this time. So you only get to see the skirt. Jacqueline's shop has a lot of great retro-inspired fashions, including some nice shoes and lingerie and a few things for the guys. The prices are very reasonable, too.




To photograph this fairly conservative suit I thought right away of the Capitol Hill sim. Actually two sims, Capitol Hill North and Capitol Hill South are dedicated to a greater understanding of the political process in the United States. There is information available all over the sims on all aspects of government.


For instance, click the little pink piggy bank to get a notecard detailing recent government spending. Near the pig is a note card you can click on to read the text of the recent stimulus package. Everything seems to be updated regularly. During big events (like elections and debates) they stream live news feeds and folks gather and discuss. The sims are technially non-partisan but discussions I've attended have a very liberal bent!

This suit is pretty severe, so I paired it with a really sexy hairstyle - Calla's Bellflower. My skin is Mela's Sakura Kawaii line in the Ahiru makup. (Mela's skins look great on my avatar and they are cheap, cheap, cheap!) My eyes, which I never change, are from E's Handpainted Fantasy Avatar. Lashes are Sin Skin's Vanity lashes. My shoes are the iconic (and free) Slinky Stilettos from Maitreya. Is there a better basic black pump in all of SL? And last, but not least, my shape is all my own - with system skirt hips, of course! :)

And here are the slurls:



E's Handpainted Fantasy Avatar: http://slurl.com/secondlife/yeol/97/225/69



2 comments:

  1. You look remarkably like Laura Roslin from Battlestar Gallactica in this outfit :-) Terrific post thank you! As someone who feels ancient in SL (46 in RL), I appreciate clothing that doesn't show off my wares quite as much. I am trying my best to appear my age, but most of the clothing in SL doesn't allow for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! 42 in RL myself and I can give you a 99.9% guarantee that you'll never see my belly hanging out in this blog! And this will definitely go forward as the Laura Roslin suit.

    ReplyDelete