Tuesday, June 14, 2011

UrbanizeD

I just got back from a hunt at the great furniture store UrbanizeD. Actually, I bought more than I hunted, and I made a discovery about this furniture!

I already have several of Pitsch Parx's creations but I didn't have any chairs or sofas. I'm small as avatars go in SL - no Amazon woman here. And so generally furniture dwarfs me and any built-in poses or animations leave me sitting somewhere in the stuffing. But Pitsch's sofas and chairs are sort of normal-sized and the poses and animations are perfectly designed for my tiny body. (On a side note - can anybody explain how I can simultaneously be too small for furniture and too big for clothes?)


The things I bought today are from the new Masai line. The textures are really nice and everything's changeable, although I'd never change them. Look how no part of my body sinks into the cushions! That never happens.

Each piece is loaded with several animated sitting and laying down poses and they all fit my little body perfectly.


To show off this great furniture I'm wearing Maitreya's Bastille top in cool mint and jean shorts in regular. I'm also sporting Maitreya hair (Lila in ginger), white espadrilles from Gos, and bangles from Petunia.

I may just have a new favorite skin. This is the Dahlia skin from CheerNo Femme and while it does come with a variety of makeups, I'm in love with the bare version. It looks great on my shape and seems to work with all of my makeup. Here I've added Sin Skin's Vanity lashes, my LAQ redhead eyebrows and hair base, and the Irina lipstick in natural from Amacci. Here's the bare version of the skin:


The hunt at UrbanizeD is still on, by the way, and you can collect a complete living room set. I've been too busy enjoying my new purchases to even open the gifts, but I'm sure they're fantastic too! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment